fade boss max plug

A good spot to discuss stabby kicks and multiband distortion.
oskr

fade boss max plug

Post by oskr » December 22nd, 2019, 11:36 pm

Hey so I wanted to be able to automatically fade out channels in ableton on the fly, in a live setting, spontaneously. Had a look around on the internet and was totally surprised to discover that such a thing (apparently) didn't exist. So I decided to make one up in Max. Took much longer than I thought it would, but I'm pleased with what I came up with.

(link removed)

I jammed on it just now and couldn't find any bugs, seems to work even better than I was expecting.

If you change your mind and want the track to stop fading out, you can press abort.

Or you can reduce the time and press "go" again to fade out even quicker.

And once it's faded it'll be dead forever unless you press reset.

oskr

Re: fade boss max plug

Post by oskr » December 22nd, 2019, 11:38 pm

Oh yeah, works in ableton 10 possibly not other versions, let me know if it does.

oskr

Post by oskr » December 23rd, 2019, 9:07 pm

Actually forget that link above, I just reworked these things and got better results.

(link removed)

there's three plugs here

fade boss
3x button
fade mapper

Basically I just grafted the fader onto another plug that I found somewhere else. You can map the fade to various fx to create stunt fades - ie hipass, delay, reverbs anything you like.

I notice the mapper sliders are kinda "sticky" - don't know why.

oskr

Post by oskr » December 24th, 2019, 7:50 pm

actually i think it's finished now

was some problems retaining parameters when saving etc so I reworked it using the bonafide max lfo tool which is what I should have done in the first place.

here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k9j56xan ... z.zip/file

BrandonCosse

-

Post by BrandonCosse » March 1st, 2021, 9:09 am

Hi everyone Ive had to upgrade my licence for 3ds max as my 3 year licence has expired does anybody know if the plug in for train simulator 2018 will work with the 2018 3ds max? All I see in the dev folder is 2015 at the highest, if anybody knows can they let me know.
Cheers, Ian.